Position Title: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Accountant
Location: Toronto (Scarborough), Ontario
Direct Marketing P.G. Inc. (DMPG) is a leading wholesale distributor of Safety and Securement Products to the North American market, with focus on four main categories in Print & Packaging, Cargo Control, Health & Dental and Matting & Flooring serving multiple market verticals. DMPG is a progressive, forward-thinking company and we look for energetic, conscientious team members who could contribute effectively and uphold our values.
The Accounting Assistant’s primary responsibility is to process supplier orders/invoices and customer orders/accounts receivable in an accurate and timely manner, in compliance with Corporate Policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Generating and recording supplier purchase orders and invoices
· Check & verify vendor invoices and Forwarder/Customs invoices
· Assist in Inventory Control system maintenance and COG calculation
· Supplier account reconciliations
· Receiving and recording customer orders
· Reconcile customer invoices to payments
· Print and mail weekly outgoing invoices
· Generate AR reports and follow up on receivables
· Assist in monthly general ledger account reconciliations
· Related administrative work and other duties as assigned
· Bilingual (English & French)
· High School Diploma with basic accounting knowledge is essential. Working towards completing an Accounting certificate would be an asset.
· Strong customer service focus with ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external stakeholders via telephone and in writing
· Proven ability to work in a team environment
· previous experience in an office environment is considered an asset
· Ability to learn and make effective use of DMPG’s Accounting Systems
· Well organized, detail orientated, capable of multitasking, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
To apply for this position email email@example.com. Resumes can also be submitted by fax to 416-297-7459. Please include Accounting Assistant, DMPGAC012012 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.